HOW ACCURATE IS THE ABBOTT ANTIBODY TEST?
The Public Health England evaluation (8th June 2020) reports
- Specificity 100% (95% CI 97.79-100).
- Sensitivity 93.5% (95%CI 85.5-97.9) for samples collected ≥21 days post symptom onset.
Crucially 100% Specificity means no chance of a false positive.
WHAT DO THE RESULTS MEAN?
A positive result means that the laboratory found IgG antibodies to coronavirus in your blood. This means that you have been infected with coronavirus in the past whether you had symptoms or not.
HOW TO USE OUR SERVICE
This service is available for anyone over the age of 2 who is well (not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms at the time of testing) and wants clarity on their antibody status.
If you have has COVID symptoms we recommend taking the test 21 days after symptom onset. This will ensure adequate time for your body to develop IgG antibodies.
All locations inside the M25.
- Step 1: Order your test
- Step 2: Book a time for a nurse visit to your home/office or our clinic (EC4M 7AE)
- Step 3: Nurse takes sample
- Step 4: Sample analysed at The Doctors Laboratory (TDL)
- Step 5: Results emailed to you 24 hours after sample arrives at the lab
WHAT DOES THIS TEST DETECT AND WHY 21 DAYS AFTER INFECTION?
IgG antibody production begins 14 days post infection. We recommend waiting until 21 days post infection when they have peaked.